LGBTQ Stigma + HIV
End stigma and discrimination directed at LGBTQ people and you’ll also end the increased rates of HIV.
Photos and stories for Frontline AIDS.
- Gay refugees in Malawi face violence and hunger
- Sanctuary at last for abused gay father and young son
In Uganda being gay can get you killed, even if the only parent of a child.
- Prosecute or protect? The law and policing of gay people in Malawi
Superintendent Horace Chabuka used to think that gay people should not be accepted. Now he’s changing attitudes in the police force.
- Photo story: They tried to bury my son alive
- Protests, persecution and improvements: life as a transwoman in Malawi
Imagine finding out your mother took part in a protest – against who you are.
That’s what happened to 29-year-old transgender woman Shy Amanda, from Blanytre, Malawi.